Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tapas are an excuse to make lazy finger food

I've been dabbling in a book on Tapas I found on sale, and been kinda wanting to get into making them. For those not familiar, tapas are a sort of Spanish fast food / street food / finger food sort of thing. A few here and there make for a tasty snack, and given enough of em, you can make a meal out of them too.


This one was pure lazy. I served up a tin of sardines with a little garlic-infused olive oil. With that were some manzanilla olives stuffed with red pimiento peppers. To the right, cubes of spanish manchego goat cheese, and finally some oven roasted almonds with paprika and salt. I poured up a glass of a buttery-sweet Spanish red, and had a lazy night of eating with my fingers.

I plan on getting a little more involved with this as I go. I want to make a party spread with multiple assortments of olives, a lot of chorizo sausage, and maybe some spicy prawns and other such things. There's not many rules. The Spanish love almonds, paprika, olives, chorizo, and tasty little seafood bits. It's an entire cuisine built around bite sizes!

No comments: