Monday, September 15, 2008

A simple soup that made my day!

Made a red pepper cream soup with roma tomato and rosemary! Seemed like a good idea at the time because I am a gigantic sucker for rosemary in anything I can get away with putting it in. Red peppers always seem to be complimentary, and my wife's favorite dish I cook is a pasta that uses both to huge effect for a pesto, but we'll talk about that one at a later time ;)

Anyway, time for a creamy, but bright and sunny little soup thats really easy to make, provided you have a beaucoup stash of peppers.


Basically split open at least a half dozen red peppers, get the seeds out, drizzle a little olive oil and add fresh rosemary and ground peppercorns, then cook that in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes.

When that's out, unpeel the skins from each pepper half and toss into the food processor with a roma tomato and liquify the hell out of it. Add that to 16 ounces of chicken stock, a teaspoon of salt, set it on medium heat, then add a half cup of heavy cream when it's hot.

Garnish with a rosemary sprig, and I served with rosemary artisan bread. Did I mention I love rosemary way too much?


I was pinching bits of bread and putting them in and the brisk little bursts of that sticky little herb just exploded on my taste buds. With a cool glass of mint tea to fly wingman, this was a really good meal for as little effort as it demanded!

No comments: