- I get to cut vegetables with sharp knives. I enjoy every opportunity I get to use my knives, and veggies are by far the most fun stuff to cut.
- I hate lettuce, and I get to make salads with far tastier greens. Lettuce is the Great Satan.
- Arugula arugula arugula arugula arugula.
- Heirloom tomatoes are awesome.
- It's another excuse to use garum, as if I needed one.
- I can just toss a mound of random crap on a plate and it's pretty even when slapdash.
- I'm very lazy. When I'm done, I have a bowl and a fork to clean. That's it.
- One more time, arugula.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Why I like to make and eat salad
As I made a salad for dinner tonight, it gave me a little time to think about why I like to do it, so I figure I'll explain myself.