Monday, January 26, 2009

Apologies to all for the absence, Christmas was murder this year.


For those who ask, no, Santa did not leave me a reservation to Dorsia. Instead, a note was under the tree for this:


Our very own wine rack / stemware holder / booze hut. Real wood and a wonderful design. I was given so many wonderful cooking-related gifts by just about everybody in the family. I'm not going to list them all here because there are a zillion of them, but keep watching this space and I guarantee you'll see me use every last bit of them.

I did have a really wonderful time with both sides of the family. Our first Christmas as a newlywed couple was so wonderful. Everyone was nice, and I think we all had a wonderful time. Oh yeah and there was some food made. I gave away some flavored olive oil bottles and a few baguettes of rosemary bread as gifts, and at least one lovely loaf of challah to my sister and her awesome husband. It was the first Christmas where we didn't really do our old family traditions, but yet it feels really great to begin to forge our own little things that we do.

So, how about a new year's resolution? I resolve to get off my butt and update this thing a lot more than it's been updated lately. I haven't forgotten about it, and I've got loads of pictures from various successes and failures I've dabbled in during the interim, so expect a few shortly.

No comments: